Google Lighthouse tool is an open-source and computerized tool, designed by Google to analyze the performance of the website and the web pages. It helps reduce the work of the developer to track the performance of the website. The tool not only solely audits and provides service for Web performance but also helps with few more audits and services like Progressive Web App, Accessibility and SEO best practices. Google Light House can be run on Chrome Dev Tool, from the command line or a Node Module. This tool needs the URL link of the website to audit, then it runs within the sequence to form a report and show the performance of the page.
Tools used to Audit Google Lighthouse:
Why performance matter? After executing any work it’s important to look after the performance of the accomplished similarly looking for the performance of the website matters a lot for the developers. The one essential factor to be kept in mind is that the site does not take too long to load, permit the user to interact with it rapidly and smoothly and lastly for providing feedback which might take a little longer to load. The tool is thus beneficial in analyzing the website speed.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Reliable- The website is loaded immediately and never slows down even in insecure network conditions.
- Fast- The browsing speed of the website is quick and easy for a user to interact and have stable and no crummy scrolling.
- Engaging- As the website is reliable and fast the engagement will increase and will be user-friendly. This quality allows the apps to bring in more users on the home page.
Accessibility is important for the one who wants excellent websites and web tools. To make one site or tool user-friendly you need to build with properly designed codes. These proper designed website and tool helps the disabled people to use the website or tool. The service or product delivered through IT gives access to the wider audience. Web accessibility benefits the people who face temporary disabilities (broken hand, arm or lost sunglasses), old age people changing their abilities due to aging, people who are using the slow internet, etc.
Points to be kept in mind before stepping into the excellent website-
- All the users should be able to perceive and understand the controls, directions, and outputs.
- Users are adequate to reach and manipulate the controls, inputs, and outputs.
- To allow more users to interface the website or tool must run smoothly.
- There should be alternative services available for the one who still cannot use the available service.
Best practices lead in the best results of the websites and improve the performance and make the user experience for mobile websites. The website’s best practices indirectly help the SEO to improve the results in search engines. Results of best practice audits will help you improve your practices by getting better results. The best practices of the developer on the coding bring more interaction to your website and tool.
Google’s lighthouse has a direct impact on SEO. SEO is the last section in the lighthouse that evaluates the website’s performance. Any website needs to know how well the performance of SEO is. Factors are generally involved while auditing the SEO such as crawling and indexing, mobile-friendliness, content quality and to resolve how well-optimized your website is. This tool also additionally checks the audit of the standard of the Meta tags used for improving the SEO practices, audits and reviews about their website performance on SEO.
Know-how of maintaining lighthouse for better results-
Google lighthouse is the best way to audit the results of your website. Lighthouse can help you in improving the speed of your website, accessibility and mobile functionality to practice following the most effective web design. All the webmasters opt for the lighthouse as essential for auditing the website. The first phase is being conscious of what thing can make the score of lighthouse decrease and second Lighthouse is the root of your continuous testing process to ensure scores that don’t reduce over time. SEO works as the auditor for the whole of your website to improve web design.
Advantages of the Google Lighthouse-
- The lighthouse tool is a platform where you can audit many things under one tool.
- The best usage of the tool is that it can be operated by both; the technical and also the non-technical person.
- Lighthouse tools help to increase the quality of web pages and applications.
- SEO and PWA play an important role to measure the review of the website that helps to improve the web design and the ranking.
- It makes the process easier for the user, and the lighthouse gives the website audited results to continue for getting better web rankings.
We are here to help you out with the useful and easiest ways to audit your websites and know about the performance of your website. We suggest you use Google lighthouse every day for making your website more user-friendly, more engaging and to show better results to reach your mission.